Today we are sharing a few tips to make that healthy new habit stick. You've probably heard it takes around 21 days to break a habit, but don't feel discouraged as this is simply research and in reality it can take a lot longer.
We at Nuband are big believers that small lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on your health. This February we will be sharing a series of tips on how your Nuband can help you stick to these healthy habits.
How to form and track healthy habits:
- Keep it positive, there will be days where you feel discouraged but simple swaps can go a long way. Don't see it as an obligation, see it as an opportunity to be better.
- Be realistic on your goals, if your goal is quite broad this could be losing weight or getting in those early runs prior to 6am, why not narrow it down to a single aptitude that will help you get there.
- Nuband heart rate training, it goes without saying that we need to be active regularly to be as healthy as we can be. But our bodies can be at times hard to understand, if we stick to the same workouts are body will become used to this form of training and adapt itself to it, it then becomes harder to see progress. Working out while monitoring your heart rate will allow you to visualize through simple data, what workouts are the most effective to push these boundaries of comfort.
- Create reminders: Add an alarm to try and walk for half an hour on your lunch break, why not make it a date and bring your colleagues along with you. Another cue can be to remember to refill that water bottle on your desk when it becomes empty.
- Sleep like a champion, don't underestimate the importance of sleep as a healthy habit. "When we don't sleep we compromise our ability to recover" - Adrienne London - Being tired can affect your concentration, your mood and even your appetite. Try and go to bed at a reasonable hour allowing yourself to fall asleep for at least 8 hours before your alarm goes off in the morning.
If you start to get frustrated take a moment to recenter yourself, habits aren't easy to crack. Remember to relax and in no time, this healthy habit will become part of your everyday life.